Thursday, January 17, 2013

Katrina dream

Several months after the Deadliest Tsunami in History hit Indonesia, I had a dream of  a flood/ big wave. I was out in front of my brothers house, talking to him in the middle of the street, and I was facing the mountains in which I saw a huge wave come over the mountain top, and I knew we had no chance to run from the wave, and a lot of people were going to drown. At the time, I was thinking if this was another "Tsunami" possibly ...

Sooo... When I saw the news (4 or 5 days ahead of landfall) that "Katrina" was headed for New Orleans I new  that the city was going to get flood and posted something... But the news at the time was saying "worsted case scenarios" as they new that the city was below sea level. (Same thing ... a flood) Though people were warned all I could do is watch and I told a couple people that a lot of people were going to die (I think I said 1,000) ... I watched it at my brother house. 

Hurricane Katrina was the deadliest and most destructive Atlantic hurricane of the 2005 Atlantic hurricane  season. It was the costliest natural disaster, as well as one of the five deadliest hurricanes, in the history of the United States. Among recorded Atlantic hurricanes, it was the sixth strongest overall. At least 1,833 people died in the hurricane and subsequent floods, making it the deadliest U.S. hurricane since the 1928 Okeechobee hurricane; total property damage was estimated at $81 billion (2005 USD), nearly triple the damage brought by Hurricane Andrew in 1992.

No comments:

Post a Comment