Monday, March 14, 2016

Fracking and the Government!

The U.S. government is on the side of the Gas and Oil companies, and helped create loopholes!

On CNN Democratic Town Hall Debate in Columbus Ohio last night, a restaurant owner who is an Anti Fracking activist asked Hillary Clinton about her debate in Flint, Michigan in which Hilary stated, "you wouldn't allow Fracking in communities that don't want it," and then she brought up the fact that "Ohio does not allow Local Fracking Bans" and ask her.. "As President well you let Farmers & Communities say NO to Fracking and fully support a clean energy future?

"you know as I said in the debate when asked this, because so much of what  governs Fracking right now is within state and local control.
And the federal government I think has an important role to play including advocating for what you say that I had put forward, which is to give local communities the say over it.

 And I also said this, we need much more scientific research. But here is what we know.

 We know Methane release is bad, there bad for the environment, there bad for the greenhouse gas emissions. 

We know that if water is contaminated, that's bad and we can't allow that to go forward. 

We know that there is a loophole in the law, that I disagree with that permits the Fracking companies to ... aah .. NOT HAVE TO DISCLOSE THE CHEMICALS THERE USING IN FRACKING...

 We deserve to know... I think we have a right to know. So I am going to push very tough rules, now I've got to figure out what I can do on the federal level as oppose to what we are going to have to work at on the state level." 

Oklahoma which as you know has been very Pro-Fracking, has suffered from tremors, little earthquakes around the state and there is growing scientific evidence that Fracking is connected too ... 

I don't want to say Cause, because the science has not reached that... but certainly connected too the tremors 

So now even Oklahoma is saying, "Hey wait a minute, we better STOP and take a hard look at this" 

So I will do everything I can as President to set the rules.. to set the Regulations... to try to figure out how to influence States.

I am not sure that given the present political makeup we can pass a federal law too end Fracking. But we sure can try to regulate it very effectively under the rules we already have that gives us Federal Jurisdiction over some of those chemicals and releases 

So that is what I am going to try to do..  and you know, I know other say "we're going to ban it!" 

I just want to tell you, I am going to do everything I can to regulate it and to limit it. No President can stand up, before you and say, "I am going to Ban it," we have to many layers of law that we have to work through and regulations we have to deal with..." 

And that is what I am trying to say... Very... Very ... Clearly ... I don't want to make a promise I can't keep... I want to tell you what I can do to be your ally ... and trying to stop that at the local level

No comments:

Post a Comment